"Carl's Funeral" is the ninth episode in the first season of Schitt's Creek. It is the ninth episode overall.
Bob's brother Carl has just passed away. Johnny and Moira barely know Bob, let alone Carl who they can't remember at all. That's why they're surprised that Bob wants Johnny to be a pall bearer, as Carl apparently admired Johnny. In Johnny's efforts to get out of being a pall bearer, he instead gets roped into providing the eulogy. Not knowing what to say, Johnny transfers thoughts of Carl's death to his own. Some of Carl's family come to town for the funeral, including Sean and Bree , Carl's ex-stepson - who also happens to be Stevie's cousin - and his wife respectively. In David's mind, Bree and Sean and their friends are trash, even by Schitt's Creek standards. But Stevie, being related to the bunch, provides David with another view of her. As Bree and Sean are staying at the motel, Alexis decides to escape and stay with Ted for the duration. Ted's place may be just as scary to Alexis but for different reasons.
- Eugene Levy as Johnny Rose
- Catherine O'Hara as Moira Rose
- Daniel Levy as David Rose
- Annie Murphy as Alexis Rose
- Jennifer Robertson as Jocelyn Schitt
- Tim Rozon as Mutt Schitt
- Emily Hampshire as Stevie Budd
- Sarah Levy as Twyla Sands
- Chris Elliott as Roland Schitt
- Aaron Poole as Sean
- Brittany Allen as Bree
- Marilyn Bellfontaine as Gwen Currie
- Unknown actor as Carl Currie (corpse seen only)